Portable Python - free portable development environment !

perica.zivkovic

Hi there,

I would like to announce the *first* beta release of the Portable
Python 1.0 beta. From today Portable Python website is also online and
you can find it on the location www.PortablePython.com.

About:
Portable Python is a Python programming language preconfigured to run
directly from a portable device (USB stick, iPod etc.), enabling you to
have, at any time, portable programming environment. Just download and
extract to your portable device and in 10 minutes you are ready to
create your next Python application. No registry modifications,
installations, totally portable.

Where to find it:
http://www.portablepython.com

regards,

Perica Zivkovic

P.S. did I mentioned that it is free? :)

Steve Holden

Hi there,

I would like to announce the *first* beta release of the Portable
Python 1.0 beta. From today Portable Python website is also online and
you can find it on the location www.PortablePython.com.

About:
Portable Python is a Python programming language preconfigured to run
directly from a portable device (USB stick, iPod etc.), enabling you to
have, at any time, portable programming environment. Just download and
extract to your portable device and in 10 minutes you are ready to
create your next Python application. No registry modifications,
installations, totally portable.

Where to find it:
http://www.portablepython.com

regards,

Perica Zivkovic

P.S. did I mentioned that it is free? :)
And what, besides is freeness, differentiates it from Movable Python?

regards
Steve

perica.zivkovic

Right now there is not a big difference with Movable Python.
- Smaller size but less libraries in default package
- Portable Python comes with django
- Uses SciTE not SPE

but this is first release and I have big plans ;)

grtz

Perica

Stef Mientki

Right now there is not a big difference with Movable Python.
- Smaller size but less libraries in default package
- Portable Python comes with django
- Uses SciTE not SPE

but this is first release and I have big plans ;)
any plans for a something like the Enthought-edition ?

cheers,
Stef Mientki

skip

perica> but this is first release and I have big plans ;)

Including maybe other platforms than Windows?

Skip

perica.zivkovic

yes on both last messages :)

More platforms will be included if there is enoug people interested in
that.

and something like Enthought edition will be there :) with even more
packages and options :) at least that is my goal for the future :) But
I must say I will also always be carefull with size of the distro :)
thats also important right? :)

in this first release I focused on making it possible to work with
django (because that is what I needed) and more functionality, libs,
ide's will be added in future versions.

more ideas?

grtz

Perica

Stef Mientki

and something like Enthought edition will be there :) with even more
packages and options :) at least that is my goal for the future :) But
I must say I will also always be carefull with size of the distro :)
thats also important right? :)
Coming from MatLab, that's not the most important thing ;-)
more ideas?
Embedded use of Python (e.g. Python4Delphi)...
.... I can imagine it needs special requirements ?

cheers,
Stef