    possible, second, is there anything online that i can see or use as a
    template?

    thx

    Mike, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Hi Mike,

    As for the portal system , generally most exsiting template or framework
    are all database driven which can help use easily build a database driven
    portal system. And here are some further resources :

    #Personal .NET Portal
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/AspNetPortalArticle.asp

    #ASP.NET : Scripts and Controls : Portal Systems
    http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/18834.html

    #Project: LoreSoft Portal - asp.net portal system:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/loresoftportal/

    # Microsoft Integrated Portals Technologies
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windowsserversystem/portals/ms-integrated-portal
    s-tech/portal-scenarios.mspx

    In addition, if you only want to build a simple portal which don't need to
    use rich data-driven, I think you can just simple use some Navigate web
    controls together with frame based page structure. For example,
    Make a main page which contains a left and a right child frame page. In the
    left frame page, contains a treeview or TapStrip bar control to act as the
    navigate menu. And in the right frame display the main modules. Here is the
    navigation control gallery in the www.asp.net , you may have a look to see
    whether there are any thing helpful to you:

    #Control Gallery > Navigation Controls
    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=12&tabindex=2

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng