Porting ASP to support mobile devices

IM

Hi,

Need some advice !!
I have an application about 900 ASP pages. How can I make my code be
supported on mobile devices :pocket pc or formats like WAP,IMODE etc.

Am I forced to reproduce my sourcecode for every mobile standard or is
there a software/tool what makes it more efficient for me to do.

Let me know .

Waiting for your reply.

best regards,
IM

Reinhold Schalk

Hi IM,
as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup languages
for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset of
the full ASP.NET web controls.
I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

HTH
Reinhold

George Birbilis

as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup
languages
for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset of
the full ASP.NET web controls.
I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

so for starters try porting your page from ASP to ASP.net, then try to make
a more lighweight version of your ASP.net page using the ASP.net mobile
controls

George Birbilis <[email protected]>
+ QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
+ Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
+ TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
+ Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup