    Waiting for your reply.

    best regards,
    IM

    IM, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Hi IM,
    as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup languages
    for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
    The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset of
    the full ASP.NET web controls.
    I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
    existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
    But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
    renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

    HTH
    Reinhold

    Reinhold Schalk, Dec 15, 2003

  3. > as far as i know there is only one way to support different markup
    languages
    > for different mobile devices: use of ASP.NET mobile controls.
    > The problem is, ASP.NET mobile controls, represent only a (small) subset

    of
    > the full ASP.NET web controls.
    > I do not know wether there is a porting tool, which helps you to port your
    > existing ASP.NET web pages to ASP.NET mobile pages.
    > But if you have a web page consisting of mobile controls, then this page
    > renders well on dekstop browsers, pocket pc browsers, WAP browsers etc.

    so for starters try porting your page from ASP to ASP.net, then try to make
    a more lighweight version of your ASP.net page using the ASP.net mobile
    controls

    George Birbilis <>
    + QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
    + Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
    + TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
    http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
    + Robotics
    http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
    George Birbilis, Jan 9, 2004