porting from Borland 4.0 to Visual C 6.0

Massimo Mannelli

I know it is a 10 years old question, but I need to know if there are
some issues, procedures, websites, people that have already done the
porting from a borland 4.0 to the Microsoft Visual enviroment. I do
not care about GUI problems. I want only to focus on

1)the serial communication

2)the .h files need to be converted in another type?

3)in Borland 4.0 the whole project was a .ide file, how could I
convert it into a the visual c++ extenction?

4) there are some commands that visual C can not recognize?

Thanks,

Massimo

Jonathan Burd

Massimo said:
I know it is a 10 years old question, but I need to know if there are
some issues, procedures, websites, people that have already done the
porting from a borland 4.0 to the Microsoft Visual enviroment. I do
not care about GUI problems. I want only to focus on

1)the serial communication

2)the .h files need to be converted in another type?

3)in Borland 4.0 the whole project was a .ide file, how could I
convert it into a the visual c++ extenction?

4) there are some commands that visual C can not recognize?

Thanks,

Massimo

off-topic. You should find a newsgroup specific to your query.
comp.lang.c only deals with standard C language.

Regards,
Jonathan.