    and all?

    TIA,

    -Ramon F. Herrera
    Ramon F Herrera, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    hh Guest

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > Just when I became proficient with Swing, I found out that
    > MS IE doesn't support it and hence I will have to downgrade
    > my applets to AWT. I use JBuilder 8 and have been looking
    > around the "Choice" and "Popup" classes, which seem to be
    > the predecessors of JComboBox.
    >
    > Is there some tutorial or source code available on how
    > to implement Swing-less drop down boxes, with events
    > and all?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Ramon F. Herrera

    What's the plan when IE doesn't even know what an AWT Applet is?
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nf/20030627/bs_nf/21821
    hh, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > Just when I became proficient with Swing, I found
    > out that MS IE doesn't support it

    a) MS IE does support Swing with the proper plug-in (for the moment), and

    b) you should switch to Mozilla or Opera, anyway. Internet Explorer has
    dropped the ball and fallen behind with regard to support of web
    standards (see also: <http://www.webstandards.org/>).
    Brandon Blackmoor, Jun 30, 2003
  4. On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:57:35 -0400, Brandon Blackmoor wrote:
    >Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >>
    >> Just when I became proficient with Swing, I found
    > > out that MS IE doesn't support it

    >a) MS IE does support Swing with the proper plug-in (for the moment), and
    >
    >b) you should switch to Mozilla or Opera, anyway. Internet Explorer has
    >dropped the ball and fallen behind with regard to support of web
    >standards (see also: <http://www.webstandards.org/>).

    Completely off topic, but maybe interesting:
    New versions of Internet Explorer (7 and higher) won't be available
    as a seperate download anymore. They will only be installed together
    with a (new) version of Windows.
    Furthermore, it is not possible anymore to install Internet Explorer
    from the website on Windows 98, not even version 5 (though it
    keeps working and being updated if you have already installed it)

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    WWW: http://twisted.warande.net
    ICQ: 19345450