Porting from Visual Studio to Borland Command Line Compiler

kikotores

I am going back home for the summer but I have this big project to
submit for one of my classes. It is written in Visual C++ 7.0 . Hoever
the only C++ compiler I have at home is the free Borland Command line
compiler (bcc32). I tried compiling my project with it but I got a
bunch of nasty messages such as vector include file not found and stuff
like that. I change the include directive to <vector.h> , <map.h> and
so on but it still did not work.
The compiler did not let me use inline on some places and other weird
stuff.

Can someone please tell how to deal with some of the porting features
that I have?

Thanks a lot

kt

Shiva

Peter Gordon

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
I am going back home for the summer but I have this big project to
submit for one of my classes. It is written in Visual C++ 7.0 . Hoever
the only C++ compiler I have at home is the free Borland Command line
compiler (bcc32). I tried compiling my project with it but I got a
bunch of nasty messages such as vector include file not found and stuff
like that. I change the include directive to <vector.h> , <map.h> and
so on but it still did not work.
The compiler did not let me use inline on some places and other weird
stuff.

Can someone please tell how to deal with some of the porting features
that I have?

Thanks a lot

kt

Your compiler is not seeing yor include folder
and probably your Lib folder.
In Borland\Bin create a file called
bcc32.cfg and put the paths to these files
in it. The contents of my file are:

-IC:\Borland\BCC55\Include\
-LC:\Borland\BCC55\Lib\

Read the documentation which comes with the free
compiler. Other options can also be placed in this file.