    Thanks a lot

    kt
    , May 17, 2005

  2. Shiva Guest

    wrote:
    > I am going back home for the summer but I have this big project to
    > submit for one of my classes. It is written in Visual C++ 7.0 . Hoever
    > the only C++ compiler I have at home is the free Borland Command line
    > compiler (bcc32). I

    You can download the VC++ 2003 compiler free from
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

    This doesn't include the IDE. But you can download a debugger
    (windbg) free from

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/debugstart.mspx

    Shiva, May 17, 2005

  3. Peter Gordon Guest

    wrote in news:1116320126.241723.199680
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I am going back home for the summer but I have this big project to
    > submit for one of my classes. It is written in Visual C++ 7.0 . Hoever
    > the only C++ compiler I have at home is the free Borland Command line
    > compiler (bcc32). I tried compiling my project with it but I got a
    > bunch of nasty messages such as vector include file not found and

    stuff
    > like that. I change the include directive to <vector.h> , <map.h> and
    > so on but it still did not work.
    > The compiler did not let me use inline on some places and other weird
    > stuff.
    >
    > Can someone please tell how to deal with some of the porting features
    > that I have?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > kt

    Your compiler is not seeing yor include folder
    and probably your Lib folder.
    In Borland\Bin create a file called
    bcc32.cfg and put the paths to these files
    in it. The contents of my file are:

    -IC:\Borland\BCC55\Include\
    -LC:\Borland\BCC55\Lib\

    Read the documentation which comes with the free
    compiler. Other options can also be placed in this file.
    Peter Gordon, May 17, 2005