Pasturel Jean-Louis

Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX + Wine
withoud changing code source of dll ?

Pasturel Jean-Louis

Pasturel Jean-Louis a écrit:
Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX + Wine
withoud changing code source of dll ?
I answer myself.
I took a look at wine home pages, and i found i needed to use winelibs
mecanism. It is more complexe than i have thinked.
I am going to re-write my JNI code under my Linux box.

Jon A. Cruz

Pasturel said:
Pasturel Jean-Louis a écrit:

I answer myself.
I took a look at wine home pages, and i found i needed to use winelibs
mecanism. It is more complexe than i have thinked.
I am going to re-write my JNI code under my Linux box.

Try writing portable C/C++ code.

In the past I've had JNI libs that would work on Win32, Linux and Solaris.

Pasturel Jean-Louis

Jon A. Cruz a écrit:
Try writing portable C/C++ code.

In the past I've had JNI libs that would work on Win32, Linux and Solaris.

I can't, because the events ( keyEvent, MouseEvent) are managed with
different maner in Windows and Linux/Unix, confer Xserver on Unix boxes.
I have not found the solution. I will go on C Unix/Xlib forum programmer.
If you have done something with Xlib functions, i will be interested .

Jon A. Cruz

Pasturel said:
I can't, because the events ( keyEvent, MouseEvent) are managed with
different maner in Windows and Linux/Unix, confer Xserver on Unix boxes.
I have not found the solution. I will go on C Unix/Xlib forum programmer.
If you have done something with Xlib functions, i will be interested .

It all depends on what you need.

There are things like GTK+ and WxWindows.

Then there are things like SWT that's come out of Eclipse.

Pasturel Jean-Louis

Jon A. Cruz a écrit:
It all depends on what you need.

There are things like GTK+ and WxWindows.

Then there are things like SWT that's come out of Eclipse.

I found answer to get keystroke, mouse clic with Xlib Fonctions (
XQueryPointer and XQueryKeymap or directly with system calls like inb()
for keyboard).
There is only one thing that i don' get the answer : how to find what is
the Cursor on the active Window ( Arrow, Watch, hand , SandGlass ...).
I think in UNIX/X11, that this information is located in the Window
Manager. And in Linux Boxes, there are many WM :-(