Discussion in 'Java' started by Pasturel Jean-Louis, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX + Wine
    withoud changing code source of dll ?

    Pasturel Jean-Louis, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Pasturel Jean-Louis a écrit:
    > Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX + Wine
    > withoud changing code source of dll ?

    I answer myself.
    I took a look at wine home pages, and i found i needed to use winelibs
    mecanism. It is more complexe than i have thinked.
    I am going to re-write my JNI code under my Linux box.

    Pasturel Jean-Louis, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Pasturel Jean-Louis

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Pasturel Jean-Louis wrote:
    > Pasturel Jean-Louis a écrit:
    >
    >> Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX + Wine
    >> withoud changing code source of dll ?
    >>

    > I answer myself.
    > I took a look at wine home pages, and i found i needed to use winelibs
    > mecanism. It is more complexe than i have thinked.
    > I am going to re-write my JNI code under my Linux box.

    Try writing portable C/C++ code.

    In the past I've had JNI libs that would work on Win32, Linux and Solaris.

    Jon A. Cruz, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Jon A. Cruz a écrit:
    > Pasturel Jean-Louis wrote:
    >
    >> Pasturel Jean-Louis a écrit:
    >>
    >>> Is somebody has done the porting of JNI Windows under JNI LINUX +
    >>> Wine withoud changing code source of dll ?
    >>>

    >> I answer myself.
    >> I took a look at wine home pages, and i found i needed to use winelibs
    >> mecanism. It is more complexe than i have thinked.
    >> I am going to re-write my JNI code under my Linux box.
    >>

    > Try writing portable C/C++ code.
    >
    > In the past I've had JNI libs that would work on Win32, Linux and Solaris.

    I can't, because the events ( keyEvent, MouseEvent) are managed with
    different maner in Windows and Linux/Unix, confer Xserver on Unix boxes.
    I have not found the solution. I will go on C Unix/Xlib forum programmer.
    If you have done something with Xlib functions, i will be interested .

    Pasturel Jean-Louis, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Pasturel Jean-Louis

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Pasturel Jean-Louis wrote:
    > I can't, because the events ( keyEvent, MouseEvent) are managed with
    > different maner in Windows and Linux/Unix, confer Xserver on Unix boxes.
    > I have not found the solution. I will go on C Unix/Xlib forum programmer.
    > If you have done something with Xlib functions, i will be interested .

    It all depends on what you need.

    There are things like GTK+ and WxWindows.

    Then there are things like SWT that's come out of Eclipse.

    Jon A. Cruz, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Jon A. Cruz a écrit:
    > Pasturel Jean-Louis wrote:
    >
    >> I can't, because the events ( keyEvent, MouseEvent) are managed with
    >> different maner in Windows and Linux/Unix, confer Xserver on Unix boxes.
    >> I have not found the solution. I will go on C Unix/Xlib forum programmer.
    >> If you have done something with Xlib functions, i will be interested .
    >>

    > It all depends on what you need.
    >
    > There are things like GTK+ and WxWindows.
    >
    > Then there are things like SWT that's come out of Eclipse.

    I found answer to get keystroke, mouse clic with Xlib Fonctions (
    XQueryPointer and XQueryKeymap or directly with system calls like inb()
    for keyboard).
    There is only one thing that i don' get the answer : how to find what is
    the Cursor on the active Window ( Arrow, Watch, hand , SandGlass ...).
    I think in UNIX/X11, that this information is located in the Window
    Manager. And in Linux Boxes, there are many WM :-(

    Pasturel Jean-Louis, Mar 3, 2004