    Which files do I need to copy over to the production server? Is there a
    "publish" feature in VS .Net that does this?

    Bijoy

    Bijoy Naick, May 6, 2004

  2. Bijoy Naick

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    all images
    *.aspx (pages)
    *.ascx (controls)
    web.config
    global.asax
    *.dll
    (note, keep the folder structure the same)

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], May 6, 2004

  3. Under the Project menu there is a Copy Files command that can be used to
    copy only the necessary files for the site.

    For the most part, all files except the code files are needed for the site.
    The includes aspx, asax, ascx, dll, and probably more.

    Peter Rilling, May 6, 2004
  4. Meant Copy Project menu command.

    Peter Rilling, May 6, 2004
  5. Bijoy Naick

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Does that ever work though?
    It's never done anything except spit out "Unspecified Error" for me.

    Curt_C [MVP], May 6, 2004
  6. Has always worked for me, although I have front page extensions installed.
    I don't know what would happen without the extensions installed on the
    server.

    Peter Rilling, May 7, 2004
  7. Bijoy Naick

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Ah. It says you dont need them and it can be done either way. I've never
    been able to get it to work yet but I'm trying, still. Till then it's the
    old batch file method.

    Curt_C [MVP], May 10, 2004