    of some stable library for handling stuff in async way just as
    proposed in this PEP.

    Thanks,

    k3xji, Sep 18, 2010

  2. On 18 Sep 2010, at 09:57, k3xji wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any work on porting PEP 3148 back to 2.x series. That is a
    > wonderful PEP, any many long-running applications are really in need
    > of some stable library for handling stuff in async way just as
    > proposed in this PEP.

    I'll probably port 3148 to Python 2.x after its running happily in
    Python 3.2.

    But there is no chance that it will be included with the standard
    library in the 2.x series.

    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Quinlan, Sep 18, 2010

  3. k3xji

    k3xji Guest

    > I'll probably port 3148 to Python 2.x after its running happily in
    > Python 3.2.

    Very good news.

    One idea: Once library becomes reliable enough- of course there are
    various use cases - but IMHO it perfectly fits the problem domain of
    implementing an async DB library on top of it. I suppose that will get
    attention from Web Community. That is why I am asking for the port
    because various Web applications written in frameworks (e.g Django)
    that does not have been ported to 3.x series yet.

    Thanks,

    k3xji, Sep 18, 2010