    need to run is completely in Windows 2000 as stand alone.

    Thank for your advices,
    Cristian
    Christian, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Christian

    Vinay Doma Guest

    Christian wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have an application with a GUI in Tcl/Tk (running on AIX /Linux) and
    >I need to make it running (porting) in Windows 2000.
    >I would like to have some suggestion about this.
    >What IDE should I use to recreate the GUI, is VisualC++ good enough?
    >Or may be the Tcl/Tk could be compatible for Microsoft VisualC++, just
    >some modification for compilation should be enough?
    >The rest of the code of the project is already in C.
    >
    >I don't need to use an X server (e.g. Exceed) to make it running, I
    >need to run is completely in Windows 2000 as stand alone.
    >
    >Thank for your advices,
    >Cristian

    This is kinda off-topic, but here goes. Tcl/Tk libraries can be found
    for Windows 2000 too.
    http://www.scriptics.com/ is one of the places you can get it from. You
    should able to get it working quickly unless you have a lot of platform
    speific code. If you don't want to use Tcl/Tk, then, yes, Visual C++ and
    MFC should do your job for you.

    Vinay
    Vinay Doma, Jul 22, 2003