Porting VC6 to VC7.1, get error LNK2019

sheep

Hi,
I are trying to update my project from VC6 to VC7.1. However, I got the
following error. Is there anyone knows what the error means and what I
should do to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PathFindExtensionA@4
referenced in function "long __stdcall ATL::AtlLoadTypeLib(struct
HINSTANCE__ *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short * *,struct ITypeLib *
*)" (?AtlLoadTypeLib@ATL@@YGJPAUHINSTANCE__@@PBGPAPAGPAPAUITyp
eLib@@@Z)

lib\Read.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Victor Bazarov

sheep said:
I are trying to update my project from VC6 to VC7.1. However, I got the
following error. Is there anyone knows what the error means and what I
should do to solve this problem?
Thank you very much.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PathFindExtensionA@4
referenced in function "long __stdcall ATL::AtlLoadTypeLib(struct
HINSTANCE__ *,unsigned short const *,unsigned short * *,struct ITypeLib *
*)" (?AtlLoadTypeLib@ATL@@YGJPAUHINSTANCE__@@PBGPAPAGPAPAUITyp
eLib@@@Z)

lib\Read.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Unresolved externals usually mean you either didn't provide a needed
library where the function/object is defined, or that you misspelled
it, or its signature has changed somehow, and you haven't used the
updated prototype.

You should probably ask in microsoft.public.vc.language or in
microsoft.public.vc.ide_general, since it seems Microsoft-specific.
The signature of the function in which the PathFindExtension is
referenced, suggests that you're using ATL, which is definitely not
part of C++ language. A Microsoft newsgroup is your best bet.

Victor

sheep

Thank you very much, Victor.

My project was compiled successfully using VC6 compiler.
However, It can't pass the compiling using VC7.1.
It must be something changed in VC7.1. I am going to ask for help from the
microsoft .net group.