    Honestly I can see advantages and disadvantages in each solutions ..

    Can you tell me your opinion ?

    Best regards.
    joker197cinque, Sep 25, 2008

  2. joker197cinque

    Els Guest

    joker197cinque wrote:

    > I have a big TD cell in which I have to position some img and div.

    Are you sure you have to do that inside a big TD cell? Can't you use
    regular layout methods, such as .. anything but tables?

    > These elements are from graphical layout, so they have to positioned
    > precise to pixel.

    It is possible that your client requested pixel precision, but it is
    not because it comes from a graphical layout. The only way to show
    someone an image of what they want on a page, is in a graphical way.
    This does not mean every pixel has to be precisely the same as in the
    example - it's impossible to do that, unless you are going to have all
    the text as images as well.

    > I have 2 ways to do it:
    >
    > 1) Insert a table and place elements in cells (and also nesting other
    > tables) stretching them with the help of spacer gif elements to move
    > elements and to position them well

    Eew! :)

    > 2) assign an ID to all elements and position relatively to TD. With
    > the help of top, right, bottom and left CSS properties I can position
    > very well elements.

    positioning with position:absolute -> what happens when the text is
    larger than you thought?

    > Honestly I can see advantages and disadvantages in each solutions ..

    I see disadvantages only...

    > Can you tell me your opinion ?

    Yes, do neither.
    If you would show the graphic layout, someone here could possibly
    advise you. Right now, nobody knows what you want it to look like.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Sep 25, 2008