Positioning relative img and div into a TD

joker197cinque

I have a big TD cell in which I have to position some img and div.

These elements are from graphical layout, so they have to positioned
precise to pixel.

I have 2 ways to do it:

1) Insert a table and place elements in cells (and also nesting other
tables) stretching them with the help of spacer gif elements to move
elements and to position them well
2) assign an ID to all elements and position relatively to TD. With
the help of top, right, bottom and left CSS properties I can position
very well elements.

Honestly I can see advantages and disadvantages in each solutions ..

Can you tell me your opinion ?

Best regards.

Els

joker197cinque said:
I have a big TD cell in which I have to position some img and div.

Are you sure you have to do that inside a big TD cell? Can't you use
regular layout methods, such as .. anything but tables?
These elements are from graphical layout, so they have to positioned
precise to pixel.

It is possible that your client requested pixel precision, but it is
not because it comes from a graphical layout. The only way to show
someone an image of what they want on a page, is in a graphical way.
This does not mean every pixel has to be precisely the same as in the
example - it's impossible to do that, unless you are going to have all
the text as images as well.
I have 2 ways to do it:

1) Insert a table and place elements in cells (and also nesting other
tables) stretching them with the help of spacer gif elements to move
elements and to position them well

Eew! :)
2) assign an ID to all elements and position relatively to TD. With
the help of top, right, bottom and left CSS properties I can position
very well elements.

positioning with position:absolute -> what happens when the text is
larger than you thought?
Honestly I can see advantages and disadvantages in each solutions ..

I see disadvantages only...
Can you tell me your opinion ?

Yes, do neither.
If you would show the graphic layout, someone here could possibly
advise you. Right now, nobody knows what you want it to look like.