POSIX library for Windows XP

Leonard J. Reder

Hello,
I am using an Absoft FORTRAN/C compiler to compile some legacy code
on a Windows XP machine. The open, read, write, close are missing
from the C code. Does anyone know of source code for building
a Windows POSIX library to implement these calls?

Any and all replies are appreciated.
Thanks
Len
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address:
Mail Stop: 171-113
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA. 91109

N. Shamsundar

Leonard said:
Hello,
I am using an Absoft FORTRAN/C compiler to compile some legacy code
on a Windows XP machine. The open, read, write, close are missing
from the C code. Does anyone know of source code for building
a Windows POSIX library to implement these calls?

Any and all replies are appreciated.
Thanks
Len

The Microsoft Platform SDK used to come with source code for the
functionally equivalent routines _open, etc.

N. Shamsundar
University of Houston

Burton Samograd

Leonard J. Reder said:
Hello,
I am using an Absoft FORTRAN/C compiler to compile some legacy code
on a Windows XP machine. The open, read, write, close are missing
from the C code. Does anyone know of source code for building
a Windows POSIX library to implement these calls?

www.cygwin.com might have what you need.

Erik de Castro Lopo

N. Shamsundar said:
The Microsoft Platform SDK used to come with source code for the
functionally equivalent routines _open, etc.

Last time I tried these, many of them were badly broken on
the version of windows I was using at the time (win98).

The solution I used was to provide a wrapper version of the
POSIX functions which get used throughout the application
and then the wrapper get defined using either the POSIX
functions where they exist and work or the ghastly native
windows functions (OpenFile, ReadFile etc).

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"I believe C++ instills fear in programmers, fear that the
interaction of some details causes unpredictable results. Its
unmanageable complexity has spawned more fear-preventing tools
than any other language, but the solution _should_ have been
to create and use a language that does not overload the
whole goddamn human brain with irrelevant details."
-- Erik Naggum