    Mail Stop: 171-113
    4800 Oak Grove Dr.
    Pasadena, CA. 91109

    Leonard J. Reder, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Leonard J. Reder wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am using an Absoft FORTRAN/C compiler to compile some legacy code
    > on a Windows XP machine. The open, read, write, close are missing
    > from the C code. Does anyone know of source code for building
    > a Windows POSIX library to implement these calls?
    >
    > Any and all replies are appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Len

    The Microsoft Platform SDK used to come with source code for the
    functionally equivalent routines _open, etc.

    N. Shamsundar
    University of Houston

    N. Shamsundar, Apr 13, 2006

    www.cygwin.com might have what you need.

    --
    burton samograd kruhft .at. gmail
    kruhft.blogspot.com www.myspace.com/kruhft metashell.blogspot.com

    Burton Samograd, Apr 13, 2006
  4. "N. Shamsundar" wrote:

    > The Microsoft Platform SDK used to come with source code for the
    > functionally equivalent routines _open, etc.

    Last time I tried these, many of them were badly broken on
    the version of windows I was using at the time (win98).

    The solution I used was to provide a wrapper version of the
    POSIX functions which get used throughout the application
    and then the wrapper get defined using either the POSIX
    functions where they exist and work or the ghastly native
    windows functions (OpenFile, ReadFile etc).

    Erik
    Erik de Castro Lopo
    "I believe C++ instills fear in programmers, fear that the
    interaction of some details causes unpredictable results. Its
    unmanageable complexity has spawned more fear-preventing tools
    than any other language, but the solution _should_ have been
    to create and use a language that does not overload the
    whole goddamn human brain with irrelevant details."
    -- Erik Naggum

    Erik de Castro Lopo, Apr 13, 2006