    find it either in the Start menu or in the Python folder.

    What am I missing? What have I not been told?

    -- robin
    escalation746, Feb 8, 2010

  2. On Feb 8, 1:26 am, escalation746 <> wrote:
    > I am having a heck of a time doing the simplest thing: installing
    > Python and the pywin extensions, including the PythonWin editor I have
    > always relied on, into my new Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS. I
    > tried the Python package from python.org and pywin32 from sourceforge.
    > But the latter would not install, saying that it could not find Python
    > 2.6 in the registry. And apparently it will not let me specify the
    > location of same, although a dialogue window tantalises me with blank
    > text boxes I cannot type into.
    >
    > I then tried the 64-bit version of ActiveState's Python, but this
    > installed sans the PythonWin editor, apparently. At least I cannot
    > find it either in the Start menu or in the Python folder.
    >
    > What am I missing? What have I not been told?
    >
    > -- robin

    Perhaps you've accidentally downloaded the wrong version of PythonWin?
    I think this should be the one:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyw... 214/pywin32-214.win-amd64-py2.6.exe/download
    Andrej Mitrovic, Feb 8, 2010

  3. Andrej Mitrovic wrote:

    > Perhaps you've accidentally downloaded the wrong version of PythonWin?

    Erk, yes, my bad.

    Thanks for the quick help! Though I still wonder why the ActiveState
    build does not include this.

    -- robin
    escalation746, Feb 8, 2010
  4. On 2010-02-07, at 5:02 PM, escalation746 wrote:

    > Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps you've accidentally downloaded the wrong version of PythonWin?

    > Erk, yes, my bad.
    >
    > Thanks for the quick help! Though I still wonder why the ActiveState
    > build does not include this.

    I just added support for PyWin32 in ActivePython 2.6 64-bit.

    http://twitter.com/sridhr/status/8874549314

    I should be part of next release (2.6.4.11).

    -srid
    Sridhar Ratnakumar, Feb 9, 2010