Possible to add Web User Control to a Web Control Library?

Brian Cryer

VB.NET, Visual Studio 2005, .NET Web Application.

Having created a Web Control Library is it possible to add a Web User
Control to it? I don't get the option to create a new web user control, and
if I copy one from my web application it doesn't then compile. So is it
possible? Is there a workaround or do I need to keep web user controls in
the application rather than a library?

Thanks.

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Well, typically, a web user control would need a code behind/beside file.
You can then add a class library to the project which essentially gives you
what you want.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

Brian Cryer

Thank you Alvin. Telling me it should be possible is nice, but I was hoping
for the "how" part.

My question remains of how to add these to a web control library? If I drop
them in they stop working and I don't get the option to create a web user
control in a web control library, so is it possible and if so how?