Possible to contect to a web app's API?

fatima.issawi

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if this is possible and how to do it. Any
useful information will be appreciated!

I have a web application that runs from a WAR file given to us by a
vendor (It is running on a Weblogic server). It is possible to access
the web application via JSPs, but what I would like to do is, via a
web service, access
the Java API that they have made available. I can access the classes
in the API without any problems.

What I have been having problems with so far, is connecting (logging
in) to the Web application, then accessing their API in order to
perform some functions. I need to be logged in to perform any
functions.

Is this possible? Would my web service need to be in their WAR file in
order for this to work? Would it just need to be running on the same
server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Fatima