    to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in more
    precise increments.

    Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the browser?

    M, Jul 26, 2007

  2. "M" <> writes:

    > I'm not trying
    > to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in more
    > precise increments.
    >
    > Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the browser?

    It's a function of the browser.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jul 26, 2007

  3. M

    M Guest

    "Sherm Pendley" <> wrote in message
    > "M" <> writes:
    >
    >> I'm not trying
    >> to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in
    >> more
    >> precise increments.
    >>
    >> Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the
    >> browser?

    > It's a function of the browser.

    Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
    must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
    browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
    at work, no?

    M, Jul 26, 2007
  4. "M" <> writes:

    > "Sherm Pendley" <> wrote in message
    >> "M" <> writes:
    >>
    >>> I'm not trying
    >>> to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in
    >>> more
    >>> precise increments.
    >>>
    >>> Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the
    >>> browser?

    >> It's a function of the browser.

    > Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
    > must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
    > browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
    > at work, no?

    True, but the factors that influence the browser's behavior haven't been
    standardized. It's purely up to the whim of the browser maker to decide
    what will trigger more precise resizing.

    What I suspect is that the resizing code in FF is based on a multiple of
    the size as given in CSS or HTML. The result would be that sites using
    absurdly tiny font sizes would have correspondingly tiny increments when
    the sizes are adjusted.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jul 26, 2007
  5. M

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Sherm Pendley <> wrote:

    > "M" <> writes:
    >
    > > I'm not trying
    > > to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in more
    > > precise increments.
    > >
    > > Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the browser?

    > It's a function of the browser.

    If you want to see a close ratio gear box at work in this
    respect, try iCab on a Mac.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 26, 2007
  6. M

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Bu7qi.8308$fJ5.885@pd7urf1no>,
    "M" <> wrote:

    > "Sherm Pendley" <> wrote in message
    > > "M" <> writes:
    > >
    > >> I'm not trying
    > >> to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in
    > >> more
    > >> precise increments.
    > >>
    > >> Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the
    > >> browser?

    > > It's a function of the browser.

    > Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
    > must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
    > browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
    > at work, no?

    Supply a couple of examples that react differently in respect to
    font-size increase on a single browser.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jul 26, 2007
  7. M

    M Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    > Supply a couple of examples that react differently in respect to
    > font-size increase on a single browser.

    I'll keep a lookout and will do when I find one.

    M, Jul 27, 2007