Possible to control increments of font re-sizing?

Periodically I will come across a site and, when I re-size the fonts, they
will re-size in very small increments. Unfortunately, I don't have an
example at hand, but I'm trying to achieve the same effect. I'm not trying
to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in more
precise increments.

Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the browser?

Sherm Pendley

M said:
I'm not trying
to stop users from re-sizing fonts -- I'm merely trying to allow it in more
precise increments.

Is this something I can do from my end, or is it a function of the browser?

It's a function of the browser.

sherm--

Sherm Pendley said:
It's a function of the browser.

Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
at work, no?

Sherm Pendley

M said:
Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
at work, no?

True, but the factors that influence the browser's behavior haven't been
standardized. It's purely up to the whim of the browser maker to decide
what will trigger more precise resizing.

What I suspect is that the resizing code in FF is based on a multiple of
the size as given in CSS or HTML. The result would be that sites using
absurdly tiny font sizes would have correspondingly tiny increments when
the sizes are adjusted.

sherm--

dorayme

"M said:
Thx for the reply. I was thinking about this a little more though -- there
must be some effect due to the code, because not every site reacts in my
browser (FF 1.5) this way. Logically, it must be some combination of the two
at work, no?

Supply a couple of examples that react differently in respect to
font-size increase on a single browser.