Possible to detect monitor display settings in ASP.NET?

simchajoy2000

Hi,

Is it possible to programmatically detect what display settings the
user has on their monitor with ASP.NET? I need to be able to resize
some of the things on my webpage if the user has their monitor set to
800 x 600. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Joy

Guest

Hi, Jo

You can do it through Javascript
<script language="javascript" event="onload" for="window"
alert("Width:" + window.screen.width + ";Height:" + window.screen.height)
</script

Bin Song, MCP

Joy Labadie

Ok that makes sense but I am not very fluent in javascript. How would I
write a function that finds the height and width of the monitor and
based on the results, then changes the properties of a table?

Joy

clintonG

Just a word of advice Joy. Dump using Visual Ignoramous.NET and
learn C# as it is syntactically and grammatically similar to JavaScript,
and Java and will also allow you to adopt the newer languages that
Microsoft is working on that use C# syntax and grammar.

Furthermore, none of us can be competent as web developers without
mastering JavaScript and learning C# is the best way to kill all of the
birds
with one stone. You can do it if you try. Rise above your fear.

So, you should know about the JavaScript FAQ where there are many
many scripts documented... SEE: http://developer.irt.org/

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET (e-mail address removed)

Joy Labadie

I don't think I ever said I was afraid to learn Javascript fluently.
And thank you for your advice but I think that to improve my Javascript
skills, the most effective method would be to just study Javascript.
And in this particular instance I posted this question not because of a
lack of desire to learn, but because at the moment I am overwhelmed with
learning. There are only so many hours in the day.

Joy