Possible to get a row count from Faster::CSV w/out parsing?

Wes Gamble

All,

I'm using Faster::CSV to process CSV files. It appears that the only
way to get the number of rows in my CSV file is to call one of the
methods which actually reads through all of the data, like read().

Is this correct? It makes sense that it would be this way, just
wondering.

Thanks,
Wes

James Edward Gray II

I'm using Faster::CSV to process CSV files. It appears that the only
way to get the number of rows in my CSV file is to call one of the
methods which actually reads through all of the data, like read().

Is this correct? It makes sense that it would be this way, just
wondering.

That's correct. It's impossible to know a row count without parsing
CSV content since fields can contain embedded line endings.

James Edward Gray II