Possible to hide siteMapNode from menu?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Danny Tuppeny, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm using a web.sitemap file and the site navigation controls. I've got a
    page (ListRecords.aspx) that contains a grid, from where you can click
    through to another page (DisplayRecord.aspx) to view details.

    In the SiteMapPath control, I want the two pages do display as follows
    (which, works)

    Home > List Records
    Home > List Records > Display Record

    However, since DisplayRecord.aspx has a querystring, it doesn't make sense
    to access this page any way other than from ListRecords.aspx, however, I'm
    using a SiteMenu control., and since I want drop-downs for other sections,
    my "Display Record" link also appears in the drop-down (and gives a nice
    error if you click it, because there's nothing on the qs).

    Is there any way to hide particular nodes, something like

    <siteMapNode title="xyz" url="xyz" visible="false" />

    ? I've checked the docs and can't find anything, but I'm sure there has to
    be a way??

    Thanks,

    Danny Tuppeny, Oct 27, 2005