    Is this possible at all? Please share with me your thoughts and experience.
    Many thanks in advance.

    Happy July 4th.
    Ethan V, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Ethan V

    Riki Guest

    Ethan V wrote:
    > My company has 2 web sites. On site #1 we have a hyperlink to site
    > #2. The requirement is that if site #2 is already opened in any
    > browser instance, clicking on the hyperlink to site #2 should not
    > open a new window, but rather the existing browser instance.
    >
    > Is this possible at all? Please share with me your thoughts and
    > experience. Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Happy July 4th.

    Apparently, you are addressing American readers only.
    No need for me to answer then...

    --

    Riki
    Riki, Jul 3, 2006

  3. Yes and no.

    If you set a name on the window, and use that as target in the link, it
    will open in that window if the window belongs to the same intance of
    the browser.

    If the window belongs to a different instance of the browser, you can't
    target the window (unless you create a ActiveX component that analyses
    the running processes of the client computer).

    Using Internet Explorer, if you start a new browser window from the
    start menu (or similar) you start a new instance.

    Firefox only uses one instance, regardless of how you opened the browser
    window.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Ethan V

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    > Apparently, you are addressing American readers only.
    > No need for me to answer then...

    Geeze, it's been 200+ years. Stop being such a sore loser.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jul 4, 2006