Possible to run Java apps on Verizon's RAZR V3c?

Ixkorr Oxkarr

Hello,

I am starting to develop some Java code for mobile phones. My service
provider is Verizon, and they offer the Motorola RAZR V3c, which I
believe supports Java. However, Verizon itself distributes only BREW
software.

Is it possible to load a Java application onto Verizon's RAZR through a
direct connection from a PC, and will that application run? My
application will not need network connectivity at first, and I don't
care about distributing the application over Verizon's GetItNow
network...I just want a way to test my application on mobile phone
hardware without having to switch service providers to a Java-friendly
operator. Has anyone succeeded in running Java apps on Verizon's mobile
phones?

Thanks,

--IO