Possibly OT. IE6 and background colors..

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Attribute values that contain the character `%' have to be delimited by
double quotes or apostrophes in HTML. As there are more exceptions than
this one, it is a good idea to delimit attribute values this way always.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.2
http://validator.w3.org/
[...]
Small typo there.
I doubt it will solve your problem, but you misplaced the space between
maxlength="32"name ="name".

Actually that doesn't matter in SGML applications as the first attribute
value is properly delimited by `"'. It may only be possible that there is a
tag-soup parser (which is not Gecko's or IE's, I have tested those negative)
that can't handle this properly and falsely error-corrects to

maxlength="32name"

Giving a form control the name "name" could be a problem, though.

PointedEars

SAM

The Natural Philosopher a écrit :
Another extremely weird feature from iE6

I have a site, whose predominant colors are green background with white
writing.

Perhaps not the best for an easy reading ?
There is a style sheet with many styles, of which all either specify a
green background, or don't specify any. Body defaults to green.

At the customer site, some <INPUT type="TEXT"> elements showed up with a
white background on one machine running IE6. I didn't have a chance to
investigate further. Highlighting the white on white entered text showed
it was there, just invisible (snip)
At the least I would have thought that this would override any other
styles - from the relevant stylesheet.

INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT, OPTION {
padding: 2px;
color: white;
font-size: 12px;
background-color: #60a060;
}

My iCab doesn't accept to style forms's elements ...

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>, Fri,
26 Oct 2007 18:45:43 said:
Please stop this mindless crossposting over hierarchies.

That may be a local German rule; but AFAIK it is not a Usenet or cam.*
rule.

CAM : TL is the local CLJ control freak. IIRC, he went to a mere
technical college, and has learned no humanity.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]
his.yahoo.co.uk>, Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:49:24, Jules <julesrichardsonuk@re
move.this.yahoo.co.uk> posted:
Isn't that true of *any* font? I thought the only real guarantee was that
a browser will have available at least on serif font, one sans-serif, and
one fixed-width. Beyond that, it's all guesswork...

I'd be surprised to find any browser on any normalish system that did
not have a monospace font available. Both monospace and fantasy, in
addition to the above, should work, with monospace giving at least
monospacing; but fantasy may not give anything fantastic.

SAM

The Natural Philosopher a écrit :
Why? It looks great and has good contrast..

Depends of :
- the setting of your monitor
- Windows or Mac (I think it is lighter on Mac)
- the browser
(green is what ? #00FF00 or #008F21 ? my browser displays : #60A060
why not to code one exact color ? ie: #316F30)
- colour-blind persons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
Why? it works the way I want it to..

Think there are some persons who see anything or bad, in this case using
table doesn't help them ...
http://www.doit.wisc.edu/accessibility/video/
<http://www.google.com/search?&q=html+tables+blinds+and+voice+reader>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dr said:
[...] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn [...] posted:
Please stop this mindless crossposting over hierarchies.

[...]
CAM : TL is the local CLJ control freak. [...]

I have merely made a polite request.

The control freak is *you* who wants to control the way people reply
(regarding the posting's content) according to what *you* would find
appropriate. However, Usenet is _not_ there to please you.

PointedEars

The Natural Philosopher

SAM said:
The Natural Philosopher a écrit :

and do you expect arial will be so big as verdana (with same rule's size
12px) ?

"De browserii, semper disputandum est"

(with apologies to 'Winnie Ille Pu')

Wow. I ask a simple question and two sets of pedants start a font war.

An NO ONE has answered the question.

I think this is probably a record.

David Mark

"De browserii, semper disputandum est"

(with apologies to 'Winnie Ille Pu')

Wow. I ask a simple question and two sets of pedants start a font war.

No, you cross-posted an OT question to comp.lang.javascript and
cam.misc. What did you expect?
An NO ONE has answered the question.

Actually, I answered your question in the first reply.
I think this is probably a record.

Yes, you have topped yourself with this one.

Follow-ups to alt.test.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>, Sat, 27
Oct 2007 21:45:56 said:
Dr said:
[...] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said:
Please stop this mindless crossposting over hierarchies.

That may be a local German rule; but AFAIK it is not a Usenet or cam.*
rule.

Quite the contrary, read RFC 1855 and e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crosspost

Removing a cross-posting without noting so in the body is bad manners;
it is akin to adding cross-posting. See RFC1855 on that. XP restored.

Wikipedia has no authority. For all I know, the entry might have been
edited by yourself. However, that page says nothing about hierarchies,
and has an example of posting to two different hierarchies. It does not
currently support your assertion.

Neither does RFC 1855.

But it does describe signatures, and yours is not compliant.

If you are hoping to be employed in the future, you should heed what the
RFC has to say about that. Employers won't want an arrogant misfit.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dr said:
If you are hoping to be employed in the future,

I already have a well-paid job that I like, thank you very much.
[...] Employers won't want an arrogant misfit.

I see. So when have you stopped working? Have you ever worked before?

PointedEars, F0