    I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.

    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    Denise Enck Guest

    "Brian Tozer" <> wrote in message
    news:bkkvfj$aub$...
    > I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
    > e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
    > I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150

    images
    > simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select

    the
    > desired file for use.
    > Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
    > how to write the HTML to access the files.
    > I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.
    >
    > TIA
    > Brian Tozer

    Why not just make the 3x1 images into 150x150 images? It will often take
    longer for hundreds of very small images to load than for a lesser number of
    somewhat larger images.

    best,
    Denise

    Denise Enck, Sep 21, 2003

  3. "Denise Enck" <> wrote in message news:<vCnbb.1309$>...
    > "Brian Tozer" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
    > > e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
    > > I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150

    > images
    > > simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select

    > the
    > > desired file for use.
    > > Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
    > > how to write the HTML to access the files.
    > > I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Brian Tozer
    > >

    > Why not just make the 3x1 images into 150x150 images?

    Or 150x50 to keep the ration correct.

    It's fairly easy to write a bit of PHP that traverses a directory
    getting the filenames and creating a HTML document as it goes. Reckon
    it could take as many as 10 lines of code.

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" wrote
    > "Denise Enck" wrote
    > > "Brian Tozer" wrote

    > > > I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small

    graphics,
    > > > e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
    > > > I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150

    > > images
    > > > simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can

    select
    > > the
    > > > desired file for use.
    > > > Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic,

    tell me
    > > > how to write the HTML to access the files.
    > > > I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.

    > > Why not just make the 3x1 images into 150x150 images?

    > Or 150x50 to keep the ratio correct.

    As I want the files to be displayed as tiled backgrounds, and as the
    originals are 3 by 1 pixels, I don't think it makes any difference whether
    the "ratio is kept correct".

    > It's fairly easy to write a bit of PHP that traverses a directory
    > getting the filenames and creating a HTML document as it goes. Reckon
    > it could take as many as 10 lines of code.

    Any further information on this suggestion or any other method would be
    appreciated.

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Sep 22, 2003
  5. Brian Tozer

    andy johnson Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 07:51:13 +1200, "Brian Tozer"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
    >e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
    >I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150 images
    >simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select the
    >desired file for use.
    >Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
    >how to write the HTML to access the files.
    >I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.
    >
    >TIA
    >Brian Tozer

    Someone will know more about this than me, but can you do a div with
    150 px wide and for height, throw some transparent text in?
    -
    Andy

    "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
    didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
    - (Calvin and Hobbes) (this email addy is never checked...)

    andy johnson, Sep 22, 2003