Possibly OT Query.

Brian Tozer

I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150 images
simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select the
desired file for use.
Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
how to write the HTML to access the files.
I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.

TIA
Brian Tozer

Denise Enck

Brian Tozer said:
I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150 images
simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select the
desired file for use.
Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
how to write the HTML to access the files.
I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.

TIA
Brian Tozer

Why not just make the 3x1 images into 150x150 images? It will often take
longer for hundreds of very small images to load than for a lesser number of
somewhat larger images.

best,
Denise

Hywel Jenkins

Denise Enck said:
Why not just make the 3x1 images into 150x150 images?

Or 150x50 to keep the ration correct.

It's fairly easy to write a bit of PHP that traverses a directory
getting the filenames and creating a HTML document as it goes. Reckon
it could take as many as 10 lines of code.

Brian Tozer

"Denise Enck" wrote
Or 150x50 to keep the ratio correct.

As I want the files to be displayed as tiled backgrounds, and as the
originals are 3 by 1 pixels, I don't think it makes any difference whether
the "ratio is kept correct".
It's fairly easy to write a bit of PHP that traverses a directory
getting the filenames and creating a HTML document as it goes. Reckon
it could take as many as 10 lines of code.

Any further information on this suggestion or any other method would be
appreciated.

Brian Tozer

andy johnson

I have a folder containing a large number of files of very small graphics,
e.g. 3 x 1 pixels, for tiling as background images.
I would like to create a page that will display them all as 150 x 150 images
simultaneously so that I can see what they look like and thus can select the
desired file for use.
Can anyone recommend a program that can do this, or more on topic, tell me
how to write the HTML to access the files.
I am reasonably familiar with basic HTML and CSS.

TIA
Brian Tozer
Someone will know more about this than me, but can you do a div with
150 px wide and for height, throw some transparent text in?
-
Andy

"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
- (Calvin and Hobbes) (this email addy is never checked...)