    Squirrelmail and Roundcube?

    --
    Advance and attack! Attack and destroy! Destroy and rejoice!
    Lewis, Mar 4, 2013

  2. Lewis

    Luuk Guest

    On 04-03-2013 05:03, Lewis wrote:
    > Are there any good webmail options for a small server other than
    > Squirrelmail and Roundcube?

    please define 'good'.......
    Luuk, Mar 4, 2013

  3. On 2013-03-04, Luuk wrote:
    > On 04-03-2013 05:03, Lewis wrote:
    >> Are there any good webmail options for a small server other than
    >> Squirrelmail and Roundcube?
    >>

    > please define 'good'.......

    'Not webmail'

    ;)

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson
    <http://torontowebdesign.cfaj.ca/>
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Mar 4, 2013
  4. Lewis

    Lewis Guest

    In message <>
    Luuk <> wrote:
    > On 04-03-2013 05:03, Lewis wrote:
    >> Are there any good webmail options for a small server other than
    >> Squirrelmail and Roundcube?

    > please define 'good'.......

    Better than Squirrelmail or Roundcube.

    I need to look at ROundcube again, but Suirrelmail is... well, it's
    slow. The only person I have who actively uses Squirrelmail is one of
    those "Inbox infinity" people who keeps thousands of mail messages in
    the inbox. Squirrelmail barfs.

    I just had to manually move over 15,000 messages into an archive mailbox
    just so he could load squirrelmail and access his mail. In another year
    or so, I will have to do this again as he is absolutely incapable of
    ever moving a mail message on his own, depsite my telling him over and
    over to do so for more than 7 years.

    Roundcube I haven't looked at in a couple of years, but it was very
    unstable last I did.

    --
    Granny Weatherwax didn't hold with looking at the future, but now she
    could feel the future looking at her. She didn't like its expression at
    Lewis, Mar 4, 2013
  5. Lewis

    Lewis Guest

    In message <>
    Chris F.A. Johnson <> wrote:
    > On 2013-03-04, Luuk wrote:
    >> On 04-03-2013 05:03, Lewis wrote:
    >>> Are there any good webmail options for a small server other than
    >>> Squirrelmail and Roundcube?
    >>>

    >> please define 'good'.......

    > 'Not webmail'

    There are times that webmail is necessary, or at least where the choice
    is no email or webmail email.

    --
    I know you won't believe it's true I only went with her cuz she looked
    like you
    Lewis, Mar 4, 2013
  6. On 2013-03-04, Lewis wrote:
    > In message <>
    > Chris F.A. Johnson <> wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> please define 'good'.......

    >> 'Not webmail'

    > There are times that webmail is necessary, or at least where the choice
    > is no email or webmail email.

    That doesn't make it good.

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Mar 4, 2013
  7. Lewis

    Lewis Guest

    In message <>
    Chris F.A. Johnson <> wrote:
    > On 2013-03-04, Lewis wrote:
    >> In message <>
    >> Chris F.A. Johnson <> wrote:

    >>> 'Not webmail'

    >> There are times that webmail is necessary, or at least where the choice
    >> is no email or webmail email.

    > That doesn't make it good.

    Actually, I would say that Gmail's web interface is good. Better than
    many stand-alone clients.

    --
    "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - Mohandas
    Gandhi
    Lewis, Mar 4, 2013
  8. Lewis

    Luuk Guest

    i have an docecot imap server, with one folder holding 12000 mail ;)

    With roundcube, version 0.4.2, this folder loads fast enough (not more
    than 2 seconds)

    BTW, i think i need to update, because they are at version 0.8.5 here:
    http://roundcube.net/download

    ;)

    Luuk, Mar 5, 2013
  9. Lewis

    Luuk Guest

    On 05-03-2013 20:33, Luuk wrote:
    > i have an docecot imap server, with one folder holding 12000 mail ;)
    >
    > With roundcube, version 0.4.2, this folder loads fast enough (not more
    > than 2 seconds)
    >
    > BTW, i think i need to update, because they are at version 0.8.5 here:
    > http://roundcube.net/download
    >
    > ;)

    and squirrelmail (version 1.4.22) is pretty much as quick....
    Luuk, Mar 5, 2013