POST AND REDIRECT IN C#

ranjinisrao

Hi
I am not sure if this is the correct group post this message.
I need to pass account details, and also amount on my page to a
third party site.
The third party site doesn't do any price checks.
I don't want to use hidden parameters to post to the site,
Is it possible to post to the third party site from my page
securely so that no one can tamper with the price.
I am trying to do this using c#.
Initially I thought of using HTTPWebRequest and making a connection to
the client and using the allowautoredirect feature.
But it doesn't seem to work
Any suggestions or ideas is going to be helpful.
I need to sort this urgently.
Thanks
RR

awbacker

If you are using a shopping site that doesn't have a secure method to
do this (and documented), I would switch providers quick.

We do something like this, but since we control both ends to some
degree it works a little different. We do a hidden requst that
generates a temporary 'key', and the user is redirected to a special
login page which accpets that key and logs them in. The same could be
used to pass price data, but we don't do that.

Joerg Jooss

Hi
I am not sure if this is the correct group post this message.
I need to pass account details, and also amount on my page to a
third party site.
The third party site doesn't do any price checks.

<sarcasm>
Great. Would you mind posting their URL so everybody here can go on a
little shopping spree?
I don't want to use hidden parameters to post to the site,
Is it possible to post to the third party site from my page
securely so that no one can tamper with the price.

Do they support HTTPS? HttpWebRequest and HTTPS seems the way to go
here.
I am trying to do this using c#.
Initially I thought of using HTTPWebRequest and making a connection to
the client and using the allowautoredirect feature.
But it doesn't seem to work

That's a good idea, but a terrible error description ;-)

Cheers,