post back does not work after paste

Guest

I have an odd problem. I created a page and am using a master. Then i copied
controls from another page on to the content page. I added a link button.
When i hit the link button it does not post back, but jumps to the middle of
the page. I'm sure this has happened to someone here and i did try to search
for an answer, but i don't think i'm phraseing the question correctly.
I get it that the paste opperation is causing the problem that a control is
"lost(?)", but what should i look for to find and correct it?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is this a case where VS is "fixing" the pasted content by adding
inappropriate closing tags? You might want to try turning off that option
to see if it makes a difference.

If that's not it, perhaps you could show us the pasted code and a content
page so we can see what's really going on?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Guest

Hi, And thanks for responding......
It's actually the case where "CausesValidation" was set to true. I was due
to miss one like this sooner or later!
Thanks for your help
--
thanks (as always)
some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting