post form data and open an invisible window

Matt

Is it possible to post form data and open an invisible window?

For example, in page1.as

<form action="page2.asp" method="POST"

It will post the form data from page1.asp to the server, and open page2.asp. But I dont want to make page2.asp invisible. Any ideas?? Is it possible?

Please advise. Thanks!!

Lance Wynn

You could post to a hidden iFrame not all browsers support iFrames though.
Or, you can just make Page2's response look just like page1's, and the user
won't know the difference.

Is it possible to post form data and open an invisible window??

For example, in page1.asp

<form action="page2.asp" method="POST">

It will post the form data from page1.asp to the server, and open page2.asp.
But I dont want to make page2.asp invisible. Any ideas?? Is it possible??

Please advise. Thanks!!

Mark Schupp

Use a frameset with a 1 pixel wide frame for the response

<frameset cols="*,1" frameborder="NO">
<frame src="page1.asp" name="main" scrolling="auto">
<frame src="blank.html" name="results" scrolling="NO" noresize>
</frameset>

In page1.asp:
<form action="page2.asp" target="results" method="POST">

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development

Matt said:
Is it possible to post form data and open an invisible window??

For example, in page1.asp

<form action="page2.asp" method="POST">

It will post the form data from page1.asp to the server, and open
page2.asp. But I dont want to make page2.asp invisible. Any ideas?? Is it
possible??

Steven Burn

You could always have the processing stuff in the same page............?

<%
strTemp = request.querystring("tmp")
if strTemp = "" then
%>

Show your form here

<%
else
'// Your processing stuff

'// re-dir back to the actual page, so the user doesn't see anything
response.redirect "page2.asp"
response.end
end if
%>

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Matt said:
Is it possible to post form data and open an invisible window??

For example, in page1.asp

<form action="page2.asp" method="POST">

It will post the form data from page1.asp to the server, and open
page2.asp. But I dont want to make page2.asp invisible. Any ideas?? Is it
possible??

Mark Schupp

then make it 2 pixels :)

I have never seen the GP problem and have been using the 1pixel "hidden"
frame window approach for this kind of thing since IE4. Perhaps it makes a
difference if a 1pixel row is used instead of the column or the relative
position of the "hidden" frame (ours is typically last in the frameset
definition).