    <form action="page2.asp" method="POST"

    It will post the form data from page1.asp to the server, and open page2.asp. But I dont want to make page2.asp invisible. Any ideas?? Is it possible?

    Please advise. Thanks!!
    Matt, May 27, 2004

  2. Matt

    Lance Wynn Guest

    You could post to a hidden iFrame not all browsers support iFrames though.
    Or, you can just make Page2's response look just like page1's, and the user
    won't know the difference.

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    Is it possible to post form data and open an invisible window??

    For example, in page1.asp

    Lance Wynn, May 27, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I am using IE, do u think its ok?

    Matt, May 27, 2004
  4. Matt

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Use a frameset with a 1 pixel wide frame for the response

    <frameset cols="*,1" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="page1.asp" name="main" scrolling="auto">
    <frame src="blank.html" name="results" scrolling="NO" noresize>
    </frameset>

    In page1.asp:
    <form action="page2.asp" target="results" method="POST">

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, May 27, 2004
  5. Matt

    Steven Burn Guest

    You could always have the processing stuff in the same page............?

    <%
    strTemp = request.querystring("tmp")
    if strTemp = "" then
    %>

    Show your form here

    <%
    else
    '// Your processing stuff

    '// re-dir back to the actual page, so the user doesn't see anything
    response.redirect "page2.asp"
    response.end
    end if
    %>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, May 27, 2004
  6. Matt

    Mark Schupp Guest

    then make it 2 pixels :)

    I have never seen the GP problem and have been using the 1pixel "hidden"
    frame window approach for this kind of thing since IE4. Perhaps it makes a
    difference if a 1pixel row is used instead of the column or the relative
    position of the "hidden" frame (ours is typically last in the frameset
    definition).

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development