post form data to a modal dialog window

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Matt, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
    window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
    200px.

    Here's my attempts and problems:

    Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
    action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

    In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

    It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
    width and height of modaldialog.asp.

    Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
    "dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

    This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
    modaldialog.asp.

    Any workarounds to my problems??

    Thanks!!

    Matt, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Matt wrote:
    > I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal
    > dialog window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height
    > 200px by width 200px.

    I doubt this is possible. A modal dialog window is just that: modal.
    Script execution should not continue as long as the window is open.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jun 29, 2004