post form data to ASPX with VBA

mehlin

I am a novice with respect to ASP.NET, and I would
appreciate any pointers on how to use VBA (from within
EXCEL) to post form data to a .aspx. file on a website,
and download an associated data file. Essentially I am
trying to emulate Internet Explorer functionality, wherein
data is entered into a field on a page, a download button
is clicked on, and a file saved by clicking on a button in
a file download dialog box. For example, at
http://www.cboe.com/DelayedQuote/QuoteTableDownload.aspx,
enter "AMD", click "download," and save the
returned "QuoteData.dat" file. Any suggestions as to how
to code this in VBA, or where I should look for
information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest