"POST"ing Image Data to ASPX File?

Corey Ellsworth

I am looking for a way to "POST" image data that is copied to the clipboard
on the client computer to an ASPX page using JScript on the front-end and
VB.NET on the backend. Is this a feasible operation or am I on a wild goose
chase here? There are a lot of examples of pasting text into an HTML form
using the TextArea.createTextRange() method, but so far I'm coming up with
nothing on image data. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Corey

P.S. I've also posted this to the JScript group, but thought I'd try here
too.

Guest

I am afraid that you would need to rely on an ActiveX control to do this.
The control could be hosted in the client browser via the standard object tag
arrangement.

Peter

Corey Ellsworth

That was the conclusion that I was coming to as well, but I thought I'd see
if there was something I was missing first. Thanks for the reply.

Corey