post retry

Andrea Williams

I have a page that opens pop up windows to allow the user to do certain
things and when they close the page, I would like to refresh the opener
window.

First, is there a way to capture the close event of the window and execute
script to refresh the opener (I'm giving the user a link to do it now but
that will not hanlde the click on the X to close the window.

Second, since the opener has a paging datagrid on it, when I refresh the
opener from the popup and the page was changed, there appears a
REFRESH/CANCEL dialog box. Is there any way to suppress that? Or do I need
to just change the location.href with the values needed to reset the
datagrid to the proper position? Refresh is obviously easier since I have
quite a few links that incorporate this behavior.

Thanks,
Andrea

Curt_C [MVP]

None of that is server side programming.
Look at the ShowModalDialog to catch the return and refresh.
Please followup in a clientside group though.

Curt

George

1. You can have OnUnload in a body and then in javascript do something.
2. Do not call refresh. Simply copy and paste the OnClick parameter inpalce where you call refresh.

George