Post server side form to different application

Sudheer Aalla

Hi,

I want to pass one hidden value to another application running in different
server. I don't want to pass this in query string because it is sensitive
info. I tried post method but it is not working for server side forms.Any
ideas how can I pass the value between applications??

Thanks,
SA

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here are some options:
1) Output an old fashioned non-server form to the client (without the runat=
'server' attribute) Set the action attribute like you would have in
ASP.OLD, and use javascript to submit the form.
2) use client side script to change your ASP.NET form action attribute
3) use this webform control: http://www.wilsondotnet.com/Controls/
4) use the WebRequest object:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...f/html/frlrfsystemnetwebrequestclasstopic.asp

Note: In ASP.NET 2.0 you will be able to more easily post to another page.

Rob Schieber

Sudheer said:
Hi,

I want to pass one hidden value to another application running in different
server. I don't want to pass this in query string because it is sensitive
info. I tried post method but it is not working for server side forms.Any
ideas how can I pass the value between applications??

Thanks,
SA
Sudheer,

If your data is sensitive, using a form post is not going to be any more
secure than a query string. I would suggest encrypting the data or
using SSL.

Having said that, take a look at this thread using the WebRequestClass:

http://groups.google.com/group/micr....Net.WebRequest&rnum=5&hl=en#1bd72e8967f08fa0