    ideas how can I pass the value between applications??

    Thanks,
    SA

    Sudheer Aalla, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Here are some options:
    1) Output an old fashioned non-server form to the client (without the runat=
    'server' attribute) Set the action attribute like you would have in
    ASP.OLD, and use javascript to submit the form.
    2) use client side script to change your ASP.NET form action attribute
    3) use this webform control: http://www.wilsondotnet.com/Controls/
    4) use the WebRequest object:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...f/html/frlrfsystemnetwebrequestclasstopic.asp

    Note: In ASP.NET 2.0 you will be able to more easily post to another page.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Oct 5, 2005

  3. Sudheer Aalla

    Rob Schieber Guest

    Sudheer Aalla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to pass one hidden value to another application running in different
    > server. I don't want to pass this in query string because it is sensitive
    > info. I tried post method but it is not working for server side forms.Any
    > ideas how can I pass the value between applications??
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SA

    Sudheer,

    If your data is sensitive, using a form post is not going to be any more
    secure than a query string. I would suggest encrypting the data or
    using SSL.

    Having said that, take a look at this thread using the WebRequestClass:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....Net.WebRequest&rnum=5&hl=en#1bd72e8967f08fa0

    --
    Rob Schieber

    Rob Schieber, Oct 6, 2005