post to iframe

doug

Hi,

Just wondering how (or if it's possible) to post from my
page to another .asp page within an iframe? Hopefully
that question make sense? I know how to launch load a
page with an iframe, but how do I post to a page within a
page? Thanks, Doug

Lance Wynn

Set the target of the form to the name of the iframe I believe will work.

OK ... how would I post a form to an iframe? - doug

doug

Thanks for the suggestions ... is anyone willing to submit
a brief code sample. What happens when I try is that
either, the form submits to a new window ... i.e. not in
my iframe ... or the iframe loads without my form's data
being passed to it. I guess another way of saying this is
that the iframe loads, but my form does not submit.

The way I was submitted prior to attempting the iframe
approach was this way:

Function submitme()
newwin = window.open _
("","myNewWin2","width=500,height=300,toolbar=0,scrollbars=
1,resizeable=0,titlebar=0,menubar=0,status=1")
window.setTimeout "document.frm1.submit()",500
End Function

This works, however, since my confirmation of a successful
submission is just a few lines of text, I would like to
display the whole thing one page. Thanks for the help.

- doug

Randy Rahbar

I haven't tried this, but I think it should work....

<form action="page_you_want_to_post_to.asp" method=post
target=your_iframe_name>