Post to Webservice returns error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ursli, May 26, 2005.

  1. Ursli

    Ursli Guest

    When I try to test a (even supersimple) WebService on my developer PC
    with the vs.net buildin tools,
    (and they use POST for submiting), I get the following error:

    Path 'POST' is forbidden.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Path 'POST' is forbidden.

    Well, I did change my maschine.conf to allow
    <webServices>
    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpSoap1.2"/>
    <add name="HttpSoap"/>
    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>
    <add name="HttpPostLocalhost"/>
    <add name="Documentation"/>
    </protocols>

    but no luck. On any other maschine the same Webservice accept POST, so
    anybody any idea what to do (expect from format my c:)?
    Ursli, May 26, 2005

  2. "Ursli" <> wrote in news:1117095093.286052.105810
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    > When I try to test a (even supersimple) WebService on my developer PC
    > with the vs.net buildin tools,
    > (and they use POST for submiting), I get the following error:

    Check your IIS settings on that application.

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jun 5, 2005