Post Variables to External Script

Deb M.

I am trying to find out how I can use the ASP.net framework yet still
post the variables to an external script (not ASPX) after the form has
been submitted. So, the ASPX page will still post to itself, but then
I need to transfer the variables to another page. I need to do this
transfer using the POST method and not the GET method.

I tried user Server.Transfer("http://localhost/test.asp") but it
retuns an error of "System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child
request"

Any ideas on how to do this?

Any help is appreciated!
Debbie

Chris Moore [MSFT]

There is a Knowledge Base Article (#320439) that may help you with this
issue. The URL is:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320439

Chris Moore [MSFT]

--------------------
From: (e-mail address removed) (Deb M.)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Subject: Post Variables to External Script
Date: 11 Jul 2003 07:18:52 -0700

I am trying to find out how I can use the ASP.net framework yet still
post the variables to an external script (not ASPX) after the form has
been submitted. So, the ASPX page will still post to itself, but then
I need to transfer the variables to another page. I need to do this
transfer using the POST method and not the GET method.

I tried user Server.Transfer("http://localhost/test.asp") but it
retuns an error of "System.Web.HttpException: Error executing child
request"

Any ideas on how to do this?

Any help is appreciated!
Debbie

originated.

David Waz...

sure,

Create a System.Net.WebRequest object, and re-post what you need to the
legacy application from the .Net application.