Post vars to URL

Sylvain Girard

Here's the situation:
I need to redirect to another page and post some vars.
Response.Redirect doesn't work with post vars (at least not that I know
of) and a WebRequest doesn't open the new page (at least not that I know
of).
How can this thing be resolved?

Guest

Hello,

Response.Redirect should work fine with url variables. Have you had problems
using it? Because that is the method I would recommend you use.

Regards,
-Visar

Sylvain Girard

The variables need to be posted, not in querystring. I think i found out
how Server.Transfer works and I guess that will fullfill my needs.

Guest

Oh I see. So is the destination page an ASP.NET page too? Cause if so, why
not use the Session object?

As for the Server.Transfer I would only warn you on the address information.
If you client depends on the address of the pages (i.e. url) then you should
be cautious when using Transfer as it does not always show the right
information.

Regards,
-Visar

Joerg Jooss

Sylvain said:
Here's the situation:
I need to redirect to another page and post some vars.
Response.Redirect doesn't work with post vars (at least not that I
know of) and a WebRequest doesn't open the new page (at least not
that I know of).
How can this thing be resolved?

You cannot redirect a request using a new POST. You can only redirect a
POST to another URL.

Cheers,