Post xml data from one page and server to another

Chris Dunaway

I am working on an application that consists of two parts:

The first part is a typical ecommerce site with products that
customers will order. The customer will select products, quantities,
ship to address and bill to address. When they are ready to check
out, the data will be sent to a different page on a different server.
That page will be responsible for collecting credit card information
and allowing the user to complete the transaction.

We had thought that when the user clicks the submit button to move to
the credit card information page, that we would package the order
information into a piece of xml and post that to the other server.
The page on the other server will retrieve the xml from the request
input stream. I can get the input stream, but I realized that I am
not sure how one page can send the information to another on a
different server.

It's looking like xml is not the way to go.

Can anyone tell me how to send data from one page on one server to a
different page on a different server? What would be the most
appropriate method?

Chris

bruce barker

while you can put the xml in a hidden field, it would be better to put a
key token there. the payment server could do a webservice call back to
the first server to get the order data via the token.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)