    that's how it done then so be it.

    i need to get a better structure for the data being sent to the cgi script
    then the MIME string.

    Robyn Mylius, Jun 25, 2003

  2. I still don't get why you want to send XML from a browser. What is the
    client doing? Are they modifying the database? Making queries?

    William Garrison, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Robyn Mylius

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <3ef93a27$0$26638$>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of "Robyn Mylius" <> wrote:
    > might seem like a dumb question but does anyone know how i can post XML from
    > the browser to the server, in just an ordanary HTML (derived from XML) page.

    You mean form submission? There are a couple of modules you can
    use to decode them and/or present them to your app as XML/XMTP.
    Or if you mean file upload of an XML doc, just use mod_upload.

    > i need to get a better structure for the data being sent to the cgi script
    > then the MIME string.

    Erm, if it's CGI, why not just use a CGI library to decode the data?
    That's a readymade, tried-and-tested solution.

    --
    Nick Kew

    In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html

    Nick Kew, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Robyn Mylius

    Robyn Mylius Guest

    what are these modules that can decode the forms and present them as XML
    called?

    Robyn Mylius, Jun 26, 2003