post

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by VA Handerson, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. VA Handerson

    VA Handerson Guest

    I coded the simple page using ASP.NET extension.
    this code is located under the virtual directory called DEVWRK. I typed
    the link as blow and it works.

    http://localhost/DEVWRK/ASPDOTNET/SimpleHTML.aspx

    but when I submit the form, I have an error message saying that "The
    page cannot be displayed". The HTML form should post back to itself.
    what did I do wrong?

    <head>
    <title>Simple HTML Page</title>
    </head>

    <form method="post" action="SimpleHTML.aspx">
    <b>Username:</b>
    <P>
    <b>Comments:</b>
    <input type="Submit" value="Add Comment">
    </form>

    VA Handerson, Jan 25, 2006

  2. VA Handerson wrote:
    > I coded the simple page using ASP.NET extension.

    What does that have to do with JavaScript? There isn't in the code you
    included.

    > I have an error message saying that "The page cannot be displayed". The
    > HTML form should post back to itself.

    Sounds like an Internet Explorer "friendly" error message. You'd need to
    read the error to find out what the problem actually is (e.g. it could be
    an internal server error, or it could be a server not found, etc).

    Whatever the problem is, this isn't the right place to ask about it. Try a
    newsgroup about your webserver or ASP.NET.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jan 25, 2006