postback causes jscript error?? help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by NervousRex, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. NervousRex

    NervousRex Guest

    I have a couple checkboxes on my form, I need them to
    fire the checkchanged event when they are clicked. From
    what I understand, the only way to do this is with
    autopostback set to TRUE.

    When I do this, the code the control adds to the page
    causes an error

    "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support
    this property or method"

    Here is the code it adds, note the line that errors

    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
    {
    var theform;
    if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
    ().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
    theform = document.forms["Form1"];
    }
    else {