postback causes jscript error?? help

NervousRex

I have a couple checkboxes on my form, I need them to
fire the checkchanged event when they are clicked. From
what I understand, the only way to do this is with
autopostback set to TRUE.

When I do this, the code the control adds to the page
causes an error

"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support
this property or method"

Here is the code it adds, note the line that errors

<script language="javascript">
<!--
function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
{
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase
().indexOf("netscape") > -1) {
theform = document.forms["Form1"];
}
else {