Postback causes sever crash ASP.Net 1.1

Bytz

I have a page with a "newly" added datagrid on it. When the page posts back
the browser closes, without exception. As far as I can tell the problem
occurs on the client side (server code seems to execute fine). This only
occurs on client machines, but not when running on local host.

I've deleted the page and rebuit it. All the data/values are "good".

Any suggestion would be highly welcome!

Swanand Mokashi

How big is the viewstate ? Might be worth turning the viewstate off on some
of the controls if that is a problem

Jeff Dillon

Basic troubleshooting. Create a new page, drop a single datagrid on it, no
binding. Test. Add binding. Test. etc

Jeff

Bytz

Hmm, thanks but maybe I should've mentioned that I've rebuilt the page
from blank control by control, checking as after each control was
placed. I've also tried debugging on the server code as it was being
run from a client and it "appears" that all server code is complete
before the client Browser disappears

Also should note that the viewstate is not overly large (around 24k).

Swanand Mokashi

How many controls do you have on that page and what kind ? Is there anything
in the event log of the client machine that can suggest why IE (or any other
browser) crashed?

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

Jeff Dillon

So "when" does the page crash? After you create a blank page and put the
first control on it?

Jeff

Bytz

Nothing in the event logs of either the client or server machines.
Controls: 1 datagrid, 5 textboxes, 1 checkbox listbox, some labels
and a user control containing a Obout Easymenu.

I suspect <<Now>> that theres a problem with the Obout easymenu, however
the user control containing it is used on several other pages (varing
number and types of controls on them) with no problems.

Bytz

Strangely no. It only appears after adding the datagrid and remains
after removing the datagrid.