PostBack problem

Daniel Groh

I have two controls in my webform, BUT....one comes from a user control and
the other comes from another user control, both with post back!
How can i work just with one PostBack ?

if(PostPack from button2){ //How can i accomplish that correctly ?
do nothing //Just do with post back of button1
}

Thanks in advance

Brock Allen

If you just want to be notified when your button was clicked (not the UC's
button) then simply handle your Button's Click event. It won't get called
if another button (the UC's button) is what causes the postback.

Daniel Groh

Hi,
That's not the problem, the problem is 'cause i have a button that exec an
insert in my database and the other (a checkbox) is for another kind of
execution...but the problem is: When i click in my checkbox, it try to
execute the insert...understood ?

So u ask: "Why you don't accomplish yours executions in the events and not
in the pageload?"

I can't...i need all in my pageload...i have somethings in my pageload that
i can not change, so i need to todo both the events in my pageload!

willow

I think Brock is right,may be you should describe your problem from the
first,may be you another idea is wrong.

societopia.net

If you were to move all of the code that you have in the Page_Load into
another method (e.g. MyFunction) , then you would have been able to call
MyFunction from both the Page_Load (if Not Page.IsPostBack) and from the
event (If Page.IsPostBack). This would give you the advantage of passing a
parameter to MyFunction that identifies that the control that caused the
postback.