postback problem...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bill yeager, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. bill yeager

    bill yeager Guest

    I have a simple button and textbox on a webform with a
    RequiredFieldValidator tied to the textbox control. The
    problem is that a postback never occurs on the webform by
    clicking the button even when I have something inside the
    textbox.

    If I don't have the validator control on the webform, then
    the button clicked event gets fired (causing the postback -
    I have a breakpoint set in the Button.Clicked event of
    the button on the webform).

    The CausesValidation property of the button is set to
    True, but I have something inside the textbox and it still
    doesn't postback. I thought that a postback will NOT occur
    only if there is some kind of validation or required error
    with the control. In this case, something is inside the
    textbox, so how come the postback doesn't occur?

    Does anyone know what the problem is with this?

    bill yeager, Jan 10, 2005