Postback problems - repost

Sabre

Hello All

Repost as didn't get reply ... is there a simple answer to this? I've tried
usercontrol and caching sofar to no avail. Is there a way to overcome this
problem or not? Thanks, Graeme.

When I run my app in Netscape, controls etc appear to be retained on the
page during postback sequence so when new info is received after a second or
two there's just a small flicker, which is quite acceptable. But with IE6,
when I click the button, page goes blank for a second or two until new info
received, then displays. This is typical and what I thought I always needed
to put up with - until I used Netscape!

My question ... is there any way to tweak IE settings or property (or
preferably by code) to minimise or eliminate the blanking? Hope this all
makes sense.

TIA
Graeme

Alvin Bruney

You posted this sometime again, and i replied. No there isn't. The only way
around this is to use smart navigation, which will help but not eliminate
the flash.

Souri Challa

Try setting the SmartNavigation attribute to true in the @Page
directive.Also try not to use viewstate for controls that you don't need
(e.g. labels, data controls that always get populated from a database etc.)

HTH.

Sabre

Thanks for responses. Gosh, there are some answers to my earlier post! I'd
been checking continually till a couple of days ago and they just weren't
there! (and yes, I refreshed Headers too). But there they are now, just fine
and dandy. I've had this trouble with posts too ... sometimes take DAYS to
arrive (I live in New Zealand ... it's a long way away from civilisation : )
.. Thanks again.