postback question with 2 dropdownlist and AJAX

ton

Hi,
I'm using a custom server control. It is rather complex but I'll try to tell
it simple:
It contains
- 2 dropdownlists dropdownlist A and dropdownlist B
- 1 datagrid

On the mouse move event these dropdownlist are filled using Ajax
dropdnlst A is filled with several tablenames
dropdnlst B is filles with filternames based on the choosen table of
drpdnlst A

when choosing an item in dropdownlist A the table is displayed in the
datagrid this is done by adding a addhandler for the dropdownlist
AddHandler cmbWissel.SelectedIndexChanged, AddressOf
Me.ShowGridSearch

after changing the table (dropdnlst A) an other table is displayed, the
filter dropdown is emptied the onmouseover ajax procedure is prepared for
the selected table, to read behind the screen (onmouseover) the filter names
of this table

changing the filter works great because the correct proc is called
FilterID = Page.Request("$Filter" & ClientID).ToString get me the filter
string and the filter table is shown

But now the problem part:
After changing the table again, fist the proc is called to get the new
tableid, then the filter table is cleared but, although there was no
postback because of the modified dropdonlist B (Filters) the procedure for
modifying the filter is called and a filter is used, based on the wrong
table

So
how can this happen, why does the postback event for modfying the filter is
called even if I did not modify this dropdnlist this time

Can anyone explain what is happing here.

Thanx

Ton