Postback to display data in a gridview

Zaur Bahramov

Hi!

I'm developing a web application where the first page shows table from SQL
Server and has some hyperlinks in one collumn. The collumn has productID so
when clicked the page is passed as defpost.aspx?id={0}

When user clicks on a hyperlink it is redirected to defpost.aspx page where
basing on the value of ID the data grid needs to display another table after
querying a SQL Server passing the parameter (which is equal to "id").

The first part is clear and is ready, I'm having a difficulty creating a
defpost.aspx page. How do I grab the ID and pass it to sql query on
defpost.aspx?

Thank you!

Zaur

Eliyahu Goldin

You can get it in the code as Request.QueryString["id"].

If you are using SqlDataSource control, you can get away without writting
any code if you use a QueryStringParameter:

<asp:querystringparameter name="id" type="String" querystringfield="id" />

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Zaur Bahramov

Thank you very much!

Where should I insert this line in my code? (Sorry for this question, i'm
not yet proficient enough in ASP.NET)

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Ricambi_2ConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="SELECT [IDProdotto], [Codice], [Prodotto_I], [Nome_Pdf] FROM
[Prodotti]">

</asp:SqlDataSource>

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"

CellPadding="4" DataKeyNames="IDProdotto" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"

Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="X-Small" ForeColor="#333333"
GridLines="None">

<FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />

<RowStyle BackColor="#F7F6F3" ForeColor="#333333" />

<Columns>

<asp:BoundField DataField="IDProdotto" HeaderText="IDProdotto"

InsertVisible="False" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="IDProdotto" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="Codice" HeaderText="Codice"

SortExpression="Codice" />

<asp:HyperLinkField DataNavigateUrlFields="Codice"

DataNavigateUrlFormatString="defpost.aspx?id={0}"

DataTextField="Codice" NavigateUrl="defpost.aspx" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="Codice" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="Prodotto_I" HeaderText="Prodotto_I"

SortExpression="Prodotto_I" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="Nome_Pdf" HeaderText="Nome_Pdf"

SortExpression="Nome_Pdf" />

</Columns>

<PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center"
/>

<SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333"
/>

<HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />

<EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999" />

<AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" />

</asp:GridView>

Zaur Bahramov said:
Hi!

I'm developing a web application where the first page shows table from
SQL Server and has some hyperlinks in one collumn. The collumn has
productID so when clicked the page is passed as defpost.aspx?id={0}

When user clicks on a hyperlink it is redirected to defpost.aspx page
where basing on the value of ID the data grid needs to display another
table after querying a SQL Server passing the parameter (which is equal
to "id").

The first part is clear and is ready, I'm having a difficulty creating a
defpost.aspx page. How do I grab the ID and pass it to sql query on
defpost.aspx?

Thank you!

Zaur

Eliyahu Goldin

<SelectParameters>
<asp:querystringparameter name="id" type="String" querystringfield="id"
/>
</SelectParameters>
</asp:SqlDataSource>

Specify the correct type and make you SelectCommand like

"select ..... where [IDProdotto] = @id