Postback won't trigger

Guest

Hi All,
The postback on my desktop stopped working. I am trying to run the
webapplication locally on my desktop and the Postback on my home page won't
trigger on any of my dropdown selections. The error on the displayed HTML
points to the line in the PostBack event which is not my code but the auto
generated code for the postback event.
Have anybody else faced this issue. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Anand

Guest

Hello,
I'm assuming it's not a code issue (such as AutoPostback being set to
false).

I did see this happen once before on a manager's laptop. They had IE working
in "Disconnected" mode (you could see the "Offline" in the title bar), and
that blocked all the postbacks. The only way I could solve it was by
connecting them back online. I'm not sure why. It's not much to go on, but
maybe it will get you started.

Tim Stall
MCAD.Net
http://timstall.dotnetdevelopersjournal.com

tshad

I have a similar problem running IE on my XP SP2 when I have IIS running on
my machine.

IE will not postback, but mozilla works fine.

I just quit developing with IIS on my machine and used the one on our
server. We were never able to discover what the IE problem was.

Tom

Guest

Thanks for all your replies
It works finally
I had not installed SP1 for .NET framework so I installed it and also
completed the steps in the microsoft article.

tshad

Ken Cox said:
Did you recently apply a Window Update patch? There are problems with SP1
:

BUG: The Submit button on ASP.NET pages does not work after you install
the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

How do I tell if I am on SP1?

That's sounds like it.

Thanks,

Tom

Juan T. Llibre

re:
How do I tell if I am on SP1?

The only way I've found, so far, is to parse
the user-agent for the local browser for "SV1".

I know that's lame, but I'm listening
if anybody has a better way to do that.