Postgres BYTEA support python module

Ravi

Hi,

I'm looking for a Postgres connection Python module that has good
support for the BYTEA type.

By good support I mean that
-it should have a function to escape the raw binary data as appropriate.
-it must not choke on some rather large 20-30MB files.
-Retrieval using Select statements should be transparent (or pretty simple)

What module(s) meet the above conditions? Speed isn't too much of a
concern. This will be used with Python 2.2.3 on a Redhat 9 server.

Ravi

(Yes I know files are horrible for performance, but query load is
extremely low, about 3 to 4 queries an hour, with no potential for
growth so it is unimportant)