PostgreSQL 8.3 working driver for ActivePerl/win?

John Bokma

Today I installed PostgreSQL 8.3 on a computer running XP Professional,
but still no luck in installing a working DBD::pg

Perl -v:
:
Binary build 820 [274739] provided by ActiveState
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jan 23 2007 15:57:46

I tried:

DBD::pg 1.45 (via ppm)

DBD-Pg-2.0
(via http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbdpgppm/ ->
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000199 )

DBD-Pg-5.8.ppd gives after installation:
The procedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags count not be located in the
dynamic link library perl58.dll

DBD-Pg-5.8s.ppd gives after installation:
The procedure entry point Perl_sv_2iv_flags could not be located in the
dynamic link library perl58.dll

Does anyone know where to find a working DBD::pg, or a combination of
PostgreSQL and DBD::pg that works on Windows XP with ActiveState Perl
5.8.8 (as given above).

If not, does anyone had success with DBD::pg + Active Perl 5.10?

John Bokma

John Bokma said:
Today I installed PostgreSQL 8.3 on a computer running XP
Professional, but still no luck in installing a working DBD::pg

Perl -v:
(with 50 registered patches,
see perl -V for more detail)

:
:
:
Binary build 820 [274739] provided by ActiveState

Upgrading to

:
Binary build 822 [280952] provided by ActiveState
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jul 31 2007 19:34:48

did the trick.